Saturday 26 July 2014

Wiggle those hips girl!

Time to strut my stuff!


Im like a kid high on candy right now! Ever since Emma sent me a text earlier this week, to say that we were going to do stage prep at the weekend, I couldn't have been more excited! Oddly enough this is the one thing about competition prep I've been most pumped for. I get to walk and strut my stuff in high  heels in front of a mirror; which girl hasn't done that every once in a while?? Come on girls i know you secretly have....if you've got it, flaunt it i say!


Thinking long and hard about the shoes
I wonder what poses i'll learn today?

So the day has arrived; my bikini has been taken out of its hiding place (the back of my drawers!)  and my heels are packed, with my gym bag in tow. Im off to Studio ELB to get whipped into shape by miss galaxy herself! When I got to Emma's studio, first things first - we catch up about her fabulous holiday! I must admit it took the edge off my nerves somewhat.




After this, Emma wanted to find out how everything was going (including my diet) which I was honest about that it had been tough the last week. She said that this is natural and bound to come sooner or later, so i wasn't as worried.

Then it was down to business with Emma showing me how to walk, breathe, suck everything in and smile naturally at the same time. Women are supposed to be good at multi-tasking but this took it to a whole new level! Having to stick your bum out, arch your back and draw your shoulders back - put it this way everything was sore afterwards. Who knew that walking and posing would be such hard work! All i can say is i have a lot of practising to do.

Its more painful than it looks.
"If it feels ridiculous then its the right way" - quote from ELB herself!
Once i'd seemingly got the hang of the steps, Emma then goes and grabs Vivi and her client from the gym floor and makes them watch me! Arghhhh scary stuff..I guess i'm going to have a lot more people staring at me on the day so i've got to get used to it. Emma said I pulled it off ok, which was a relief. However does the phrase "picture them in their underwear" work when 3/4 of the people I'll be around will be in bikinis??

By mid way through the session, Id locked down half a T walk. For those of you who don't know what a T walk is, Ill try to explain as best as I can. So imagine i've entered at the back of the stage (aka: bottom of the T) then I have to walk forward to the front of the stage. From here I then walk to the right (right section of the T), pose and then walk to the left hand side (the other side of the T). Hopefully that makes sense!?

Studio ELB was really busy this morning; even Mr Musclemania himself Ty-Og walked in to say hello. Both him and Emma are hosting the bootcamp workshops for Musclemania Britain this year and I'm booked on and ready to practise; #winner as Emma would say! So next step for me is to buy my shoes..Camden I hear is the best place to go and buy these, but if anyone knows of any other good places to go, let me know.

After a hard session, my day got even better when my mum popped by to see me and brought lots of goodies for me (goodies I can eat mind you). Now my fridge is fully stocked again...thanks mum!

Don't these just look DEFINE!
Mum's are the best when they bring food parcels.
So tomorrow is a rest day for me then back to hardcore training next week. Emma is being rather secretive about the training session I have with her on Tuesday night. I think i'm in for a lot of pain - hopefully no tears! I will keep you all posted.

P.S - dont forget you can follow me on Facebook and Twitter with all my pictures, news and tantrums! If you like my posts, share them with your friends.

Till next time - Stay fit and mentally strong.

Little Miss Fitness
xx








No comments:

Post a Comment