Tuesday 8 July 2014

There's a first for everything!


Success!!! No Pain..No Gain

So as I said in my last post I wonder what Ill mix up in the gym next time around? Well either ive gone insane or just like pain, ive decided to try bench press tonight. And not just any light-weight bench press. No I have gone one, two even three steps further and want to see if i can bench 1/2 my body weight.. (thats 30KG for those of who dont know my weight!)



With the help of my trusted steed, Reno - i packed on the 5kg's either side of the bar and prepared myself for the challenge. Psyching myself up was easier than I thought, however once i had released the bar from the cradle, it was all mental strength and knowing that I could do it! 

Reno was great, he spotted me throughout the sets and I managed in the end to get 3 sets of 8 reps from 30KG. Thats unbelievable - I have never ever benched that much before EVER! It was a sweet victory for the day, even the week!

See ladies and gents; even if you think you cant do something, have faith.. because you can. Everyone can achieve their goal/ ambition, you just have to have the mental strength to do it. If I can do it... so can you!

My next big challenge is going through all of the fitness tests with Emma on Friday.. eeekkk! She will definitely put me through my paces and push me to hit the goals that she set me 2 weeks..so watch out for Friday's post; I will reveal how i get on. 

So back to my workout; as if bench-press wasn't hard enough, I then went into press-ups and squat thrusts to top the evening off! No wonder my friends think i'm crazy..


After my successful workout, it was homeward bound and i was thinking of what to cook for dinner (that's me always thinking about food). Then of all the horrors for me to face on a train home, I had to sit opposite a guy who was munching his way through a beef burger and chips! Temptation personified..I was so close to asking him to move away from me, for the sake of him losing his burger, and hands that were clutching it!

Hell sitting opposite me on the train
You've got to be kidding me! 

As you can imagine by this time I couldn't wait to get home and cook what is definitely my favourite meal on my food plan; Chicken stir-fry with vegetables and natural yoghurt! I know some of you may squirm at the thought of mixing yoghurt with stir-fry but try it, it gives a nice creamy texture. 


Taste's really good. Dont knock it till you've tried it
Burger? What burger..

So now I have to go and prep tomorrow's food, I think i will go with a tuna sandwich and salad for lunch. I haven't actually had a tuna sandwich in years; I wonder if i could still make one?!! 

Till next time - "Let's get fit"

Little miss fitness 
xx




No comments:

Post a Comment