Monday 7 July 2014

Chin-up and Sit-up! Pay Attention..

Chin-up girls! Its never as bad as you think!

So today I was dreading; as i had set myself the task of training pull-ups and chin-ups... arghhhh! For someone who trains in the gym (regularly) and does arms I have never really done pull-ups or chin ups. Emma gave me some advice to build up some strength for this; superset! So i started on a light-weight on the pull-up machine then dropped it to a heavier weight to finish the set off. I can only say 2 words...NOT EASY!




Then a knight in shining armour (PT Ollie) came over and gave me some more tips (perhaps he could tell that I was struggling?). I wont go into it too much detail but all i can say is that you may be seeing me swinging from the monkey bars in Fitness First, endeavouring to build up to a real pull-up! Watch this space..it could get interesting!

Once my arms were ravaged, it was onto sit ups. How many could i do in a minute? Now i've done hundreds of sit ups in the past and soooo many people have said to me that they don't do anything for you etc...well to those people - see how many sit ups you can do in a minute and tell me if your abs don't burn! If they don't, your not going fast enough!

To round everything off I then did some more pikes and jacknives on the TRX this time to work on my hip flexors and lower abs! Im not sure if anyone else suffers with this, but I have a tendency to stick my bum in the air on these type of exercises so note to self: keep bum down.. no J-Lo wannabe booty's here.

The diet today hasn't been bad so far, however my body is still adjusting to not being able to snack on anything i want. No-one said this would be easy! But oh boy now that i cant eat crisps, chocolate etc it's all i seem to be craving. The only saviour for my sweet craving is my protein shake, which happens to be Strawberry flavour...mmmm.

Food for this weeks training! Prep time..

So thats another day gone; rest time now before tomorrow's session. I like to mix it up so I wonder what I will do??

Till next time - "Let's get fit"


Little Miss Fitness
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment