Saturday 13 September 2014

Musclemania Baby! - part 1

My First Bikini competition EVER!!

Oh my god what a weekend! I have now officially competed in my first ever bikini competition - and I can't believe I came 2nd!! What an achievement after such a short space of training. I only started this journey 2 and half months ago with Emma and to come this far with my body, diet and mental strength has made it all worth it.

I have to admit, the week and a couple of days before the comp was tough. My energy levels were zapped, I had to have my body waxed and sprayed in preparation. Not to mention my diet changed and i still had to train hard. Yesterday though I think I was at my most irritable.I was trying to drink as much water as possible, not move or bash my body as my base tan layer was developing. Oh boy that was interesting, I started as an oompalompa in the morning, but by the night time all that you could see of me in the dark were my eyes and teeth!!haha I can't express how dark I was. I was even afraid to show Lewis when he came over to keep me company. I think the hardest thing that night was that I had sleep lying on my back with my hands by my side so my tan could keep developing.. so you can imagine i didn't get much sleep! Funny side to this story is that when I woke up half way through the night, I realised i had clearly moved my hands whilst sleeping as my chest and top part of my stomach had white hand marks!! I had a slight panic that these marks wouldn't come off!

Laura, Katie and I enjoying the views of London...
Then it was up early (6:30am) to wash it off and go to Elise at the Tanning station to get my competition layer done. I had gone so dark she didn't need to put more than 1 layer on, which was a result! Then comes the tricky task of travelling into central London to the theatre without wearing tight clothes! So yes people I came into central London (on a busy train) in my pyjamas. Arsenal are playing at home so there were a lot more people than i had original thought on the train. I did get some odd looks but in less than 5 hours I am going to be on stage in front of near enough 100 people in a bikini, so pyjama's on a train are small fry!

An empty stage - whilst having our competitor meeting
It's now 4:30pm and i'm registered and ready to go. Ive ordered front stage shots from Fivos photography and the girls and I need to finish getting ready before showtime. We had a competitor meeting at 3pm where Musclemania took us through some of the do's and dont's of the show; one of them being girls MUST NOT open their legs as its a family friendly show. Just now we've had media shots done by the federation right outside the theatre, all in our bikinis and swimwear. Passers by even stopped to have a look and take some photos.

Musclemania Britain girls... looking gorgeous!

Doors open at 5pm and Lewis and Miles are coming to see me. I hope I get to see them before i go backstage....I may have to do a shot of alcohol before going on stage to calm the nerves. Wish me luck...

Its Showtime!! Part 2 is coming up soon.....

Little miss fitness 
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment