Saturday 9 August 2014

If you don't set goals, you can't ever challenge yourself!

My 2 week challenge:

So it's Saturday and yep it's time to meet my hard-task master; miss elb! During the week she told me to bring my fitness scores as we would be focusing on my strengths and weaknesses for the next couple of weekends. I will admit I was a little curious as to what she had installed for me!! So after faffing around this morning with my car (dont ask, you dont want to know) I got to studio elb and we got cracking - there's no time wasting with Emma which I love.


My new motto!! Dream..Believe..Achieve
We got started on pull ups, which I guess is not a woman's natural forte exercise. But anyway, I cant use any excuses and for my attempt with an elastic band i don't think I did too bad. It is still my weakest station, so Em has given me some bits to work on in the next 2 weeks for building up my strength. 

Next it was onto bench press, and I have to admit this station is one that I'm starting to enjoy; the more I progress with it. Im benching half my body weight and each time I do it, I'm able to get another rep out. Baby steps...but they are victories none the less! Its the small victories I'm starting to learn that can motivate you to push through those hard, down days. Today was an achievement I got 11 reps which is significantly more than my first attempt with Em. 

Then onto box-steps; lightning speed is key but I've got to be able to maintain it for the full 1 minute! This is where hockey has come in handy over the years; all those ladder runs and sprints. After running through this station as if it's competition day, Emma stuck ankle weights on me (just to make it that bit harder?!!) and got me to change my leading leg. Yep I had to do this as if it was still competition day after doing it once already. The result? I got the same as I did without the ankle weights..how I did it I have no bloody idea...So guess what; my challenge in the next 2 weeks is to up total box steps another 4! Might not sound a lot but when your up against the clock it's substantial. Wish me luck and we shall see if I get it.

A hearty breakfast to start the day right!!

The last station was standing long jump - for this I have to see how far I can jump from a standing position. I have the chance best of 3 jumps within 1 minute. Again, Emma got me to jump as if I was competing, then afterwards I was jumping one legged up and down the studio. Then straight into leap frogging round the studio.... You can imagine I would have looked rather silly leaping on one leg around the studio, but once the burn sets in you forget about that and you've got to do what you've got to do. Fight through it!!

I have to say I was pleased with my results from each of these stations but i've still got some way to go. The next 2 weeks are going to be challenging but I'm up for it. Hopefully Emma is pleased with my progress - I'm feeling the results but I've just got to keep focusing on the end goal and dig deeper on training. Last week was a good week, unlike the week before where I feel like I hit a brick wall. Ive just to keep taking the positive weeks and use this as my motivation. Bring on a new week and a new focus...

Now I'm off to Camden to get my shoes for the comp. I've been asking a fair few people where's the best place to go and I got some tips from Emma today. So stay tuned there will be a few pictures coming soon ;-) Then after the shoes, comes the bikini...ah so many things to do and not long left till Bikini Britain (Musclemania)...35 days in fact!

Till next time- stay fit!

Little miss fitness 
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment