Tuesday 12 August 2014

The quest begins...

What's a girl to do?

So the quest has begun for searching and buying my bikini for the competitions! Now this isn't going to be a normal bikini that you wear on a beach holiday. Oh no there are supposedly lots to consider when looking for the perfect bikini for stage competitions? And me I have no idea where to start....

So I thought I would start at the basics with my trusted friend google..I thought this might be my best bet (seeing as I spend most of my working day with it!!)  ;-) and it brought back interesting results. See I'm looking for a red bikini and even though there may be hundreds of these, there doesn't seem to be many that are just plain. And to top it off I am going to have to find a bikini that has a padded top...I'm sure you can guess why. I'm going up against girls on stage that have had surgery in that department (wink wink) so I need my molehills to make some form of impact!!

I've also been considering what other ideas I could do for the miss galaxy theme. The theme for bikini is oriental, so I'm thinking a little on the Chinese side...if anyone has any genius ideas for this theme though, please can I steal them for the 1st November?? I can promise that I'll give them back, they may just not original!!

There is one thing I have learnt so far when looking for competition bikini's: is that the bottoms in particular - they have to be small enough to show off more of my glutes (aka: bum)... Emma kindly informed me of this the other day! But don't panic I'm not going as drastic as a thong on stage...There's no sisqo repertoire following me onto the stage..

Highlight of the week so far? I have finally bought my shoes, which I'm stupidly excited about getting. I have always been a shoe girl! Trying shoes on in Camden was fun on Saturday - my friend Emma Miles, who came with me was charismatic as ever about what I looked like!haha Good job I didn't fall over infront her!! Anyway I digress- I got my shoes from Banana Shoes; a great little online boutique that sell the perfect pair for competitors like myself! I decided to go with a 5inch high clear shoe with a smaller platform...I'm going to wobbling on stage from nerves anyway so high platforms will just heighten that!

Clear Silver Glitter Slip-on Platform Mules
A girl can never have enough shoes....


Oh and I also have to update you on the most amazing protein powder I bought yesterday from discount supplements  (which arrived today!)...Wait for it....the flavour is none other than cookies and cream! Oh yes you heard right. My boyfriend introduced me to this mind blowing concoction at the weekend. So I followed suit and bought a tub too! Call me a copy cat if you must! Surely something that tastes this good must be bad for you?! I apologise to the girls in the office, they were a little weirded out by my excitement of getting this protein powder and must be bored of me talking about it by now.

Special Delivery!! A little something for myself

Anyway I must get back to searching for my bikini and prepping for Sunday (17th August). It's the 2nd bootcamp for Musclemania, so I need to find out what I need to take. I can't wait to meet some of the other competitors, hopefully it will put my nerves at ease a little! I'll post some pictures when I've finished. It's not long now till show time for Musclemania - 31 days and counting! I have no doubt that Emma and Ty-Og will look after us. Fingers crossed for me.

Till next time; stay fit!

Little miss fitness

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment