Wednesday 27 August 2014

Turn your weaknesses into strengths

Things to work on:

Following on from my fitness test run through on Saturday, this weeks motivation and discipline is to work on my weaknesses. It's not something that we are adverse to as humans, admitting we have weaknesses; but once you do accept it - it can open your eyes. You'll soon surprise yourself what you can do once you learn and work on your weaknesses. I know I've surprised myself over the last 2 months. Wow has it really been 2 months? Time is flying...

I know my weaknesses that I need to work on are; Sit-ups, Triceps, Pull-ups and Bench press. So let's get cracking and push hard at every gym session. 

Starting with sit-ups last night. Not going to lie I pushed my abs to the limits. The grunting and gritting of teeth were out again. But I seemed to find something deep down to push through and really go for it. Don't know if it's coz I know we only have 17 days left but I had determination on my face and in my body.

First exercise was starting with lowering my legs on a bench - working on lowering my legs slowly; it'scalled  working on the negative. The burning sensation is a good thing it means it's working!lol Then after this was a mixture of more lower abs; scissor kicks, crunches with a sandbag..the list could go on so I won't bore you!

Tonight? I have triceps a go... I must have been slightly deluded before starting training, because as time has gone on, I've noticed that my triceps weren't strong at all. They are a difficult part to train but the exercises that Emma has given me are helping grow and strengthen mine. 

I started with overhead triceps - working with a 6kg dumbbell then moving up to 8kg. Working with a heavier weight should help develop the muscle. In between sets I jumped on a box step and did tricep dips to fatigue. I need to work on endurance as well as strength so the dips, with legs out straight helps with my endurance during the fitness tests.

Ready, steady, cook!! Chicken stir fry..mmmm
So far so good this week - but I've still got a way to go. Things are going to get tough in the next week or 2 as its crunch time in shredding and prepping for Musclemania Britain on Saturday 13th September. Not much time to go and still a fair few bits to do.

Motto to ponder for this week - make your strengths stronger and your weaknesses even stronger! That way you know you can tackle anything life throws at you.

Till next time;

Little Miss Fitness
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment