Saturday 30 August 2014

Low energy is a new one!

2 weeks and counting....

So as you know my diet has changed this week; its the last 2 weeks before Musclemania Britain and it's about shredding shredding shredding. Emma has taken my carbs down in my diet and the energy levels have felt if!! Oh boy have they felt it.. I think moody and irritable come to mind - not to mention ridiculously tired. Mum has given me so many cuddles and pep talks that I've lost count. My boyfriend and the girls at work must think im on permanent PMS! Oh the joys of being a woman and hormonal....

The change in diet has made it difficult to push hard on training this week, not going to lie. But I did hit a PB on Thursday night in the gym - when I managed to get a couple of reps on bench press at 40kg! This was good - I felt progress being made. It's amazing what the body will do..however I did feel absolutely shattered walking to the station and at home. It's getting an effort to even walk around the office!! The next 2 weeks are going to be all about mental strength and attitude. Ive realised i need to stop worrying about how many times I workout in the week - just as long as each session i push hard and work my body.

This was my nemesis on Thursday night..

So in store for me today was a gruelling ELB session with Em, followed by walking and posing practise. Stupidly I was awake at 7am this morning with my head buzzing of all the jobs i needed to do today and over the weekend. I still have to buy my fake tan, my bikini bite (aka: hairspray for my bikini bottoms), bling up my bikini, buy fake eyelashes and most importantly sort out a playlist for competition day to get my psyched up! The list goes and my hands are furiously trying to type this out; i even think theres steam starting to appear....


Friday's lunch...Salmon is quickly becoming my favourite fish of all time
Emma's session with me today was really good; I loaded up with porridge for breakfast as i had a sneaky suspicion that I would either be doing a lot of conditioning work or running. However she didn't do the usual run through of fitness tests with me - we did circuits of multiple exercises, which definitely worked on my glutes, legs and shoulders. Oh and not to forget the Tabata session right at the end... thanks Em!!

I think i spent most of the session today low to the ground today, crawling like a crab in one exercise in order to open up my hip flexers but then Em got me jogging outside with 2 x 8kg kettle-bells and trying to catch me. This is all good prep for the hockey season as well Musclemania. I have my hockey trials coming up next weekend (6th Sept) so hopefully I wont feel too low on energy to smash it and get into the team for this year.

T-minus days till the big showdown!! Wohoo
Till next time - "Theres no change without pain!!"

Little Miss Fitness
Xx






No comments:

Post a Comment