Saturday 2 August 2014

Dont let the small things get you down!

It's all mental:

So I haven't written on here for a whole week, whether you guys are missing me i don't know - its been such a long time! So here's a little update on what I've been up to this week.

Monday and Tuesday were tough; the diet was beating me mentally. I was trying to find anything that I could eat and stuff into my face to feel full. Its been tough and Im not proud to say it, but i know i've got to stick to my diet and I did! Emma must have thought 'oh god what is this girl doing' but she has been amazing and told me that's it's natural to feel like this. One of the great things with training is that I have Emma's best friend, Christine working in the office - so she watches my every move! She's been a great support; asking me how I'm getting on and helping me to push throught it.

Tuesday was D-day and I had my first killer session with Emma at her studio. I was buzzing and really looking forward to it - oh dear, little did I know how tough it would be! I was certainly put through my paces.

So to start with Emma got me to warm up on the rower - not for long just a couple of minutes. Then the real test began. She got me to do sprints up a hill, pick up 2 6kg weights and jog back down the hill, then power walk back up to meet her. My only recovery was slowly jogging back down to start all of it again! Emma got me to do this 6 times!! 
The best thing (if there is such a thing with this exercise) was that Emma was timing me. Who knew I could sprint 100m in 16.3 seconds! Get in - that definitely gave me a lift for the rest of the session.

Then it was onto more conditioning work; Emma got me to do burpee press-ups, immediately followed by 20 box jumps! I hate to admit it but I was afraid id make a mess on Emma's new floor! My tuna salad and wholemeal bread for dinner never looked so good! It was thoroughly enjoyed on the train home.

God this never looked so good! Get in my belly...

Wednesday I went to the gym (how i managed it god only knows!) and did the monkey bars again. This time I managed to get to the end and then turn around - result! It's amazing what your body can remember to do and then push that little bit further. It's all mental - nothing is impossible!

Thursday was tough; my body was still feeling the affects of my killer session with Emma on Tuesday. My body felt like lead...it was almost like having an outer body experience! It didn't feel great to be honest and even water and copious amounts of coffee couldn't help. It certainly tested my mental strength to the extreme. 

Friday was an amazing day; I was at my cousins wedding in Chester at Peckforton castle. The bride looked stunning in a gorgeous fitted dress with feathers on the bustier. The whole day was breath-taking and it was lovely to share such a wonderful occasion with my family.

Thought i'd died and gone to heaven!

So there was no training for me, but I was back on it this weekend. There are only 6 weeks to go until Musclemania and exactly 90 days to go until miss galaxy - yikes! Tomorrow the guys at studio elb are starting the first workshop for Musclemania so good luck guys I will see you all on 17th August - I cant wait!

Ty-OG and Emma looking good!

In all a tough week, but with plenty of rest, I'll be pumped for another hardcore week. It's going to need determination, focus and pure grit! It's not easy but if you want to change yourself and challenge yourself in life then you'll find it somewhere deep inside and push through.

Till next time- stay fit!

Little miss fitness
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment