Sunday 6 July 2014

An Unexpected Fitness Journey Begins!

The Starting Line - walking on my hands!

So picture this, a lovely peaceful morning in the picturesque countryside of Buckinghamshire, with the birds tweeting and the sun beaming down. Well that is until I step out onto my parents lawn, in my Puma leggings and Brooks trainers ready for my workout!! I have somehow managed to persuade my mother in helping me do "wheelbarrows"... yes you guessed right, the wheelbarrows you used to do when you were about 6 or 7 and wanted to race against your mates to see who was the fastest! 
Fortunately there are no sneaky tactics here...this exercise is for a different goal. This is all part of my training for the Miss Galaxy Universe competition.   

So there's my mum holding my ankles whilst i walk on my hands, up and down the garden for what feels like a lifetime! I'm pretty sure that with all my gasping and grunting (yes I'm not ashamed to admit this) I've woken my step dad up...so much for Sunday being the day of rest! 

Once I had done wheelbarrows, it was then onto the next station(s) - tricep dips and lat pull downs. I super set these 2 exercises, so as to start heavy and then endurance through to lighter weights. After 3 - 4 super sets, my arms were burning and my face had gone through more expressions than a premiership football game! Then to round it all off, I did pikes and jackknife's on a Swiss ball - just to get the lower abs working!  

Of course my friends, family and co-workers all think I'm mad for doing this, but they all know i like a challenge and are behind me 100% for which I am forever grateful (and apologise in advance for mood swings!). I have no doubt that over the course of the next 115 days i will go through a lot highs and lows, for which many of you will want to kill me! 

One big 'thank you' I have to put out there from the start is my trainer, the well-loved and known fitness competitor herself Emma Louise Burrows. Emma has just launched her own fitness studio, Studio ELB in which her mantra of "Fitness isn't a destination its a way of life" is incorporated into every class, nutrition plan and personal training session. 

Without Emma's help I wouldn't know where to begin with training for the competition, or the diet i need to achieve the physique for the competition. Emma has competed in Miss Galaxy in the past so i know I'm in good hands, and am uber excited about the journey that lay ahead. So watch this space for more posts, photos and videos! 

Till next time - "Let's get fit" 
Amy 
xxx

Protein, Fats and Carbs - all the Macro nutrients i need!   
Week 1 of Competition Food Prep!
My cooker is underneath there
somewhere...
The starting line! Lets get going...
The Before Picture - at the gym! 
Before Picture - Side Angle

No comments:

Post a Comment