Friday 11 July 2014

Trial Run! Take 2..


Grin and Bear it! There's 1 minute rest.

So today is D day and in a matter of hours I will have my first full run through of fitness tests with Emma. She has promised to do it under pressure, as if it was the real deal at Miss Galaxy. I would like to admit now that I am rather terrified of what could happen later. I don't like letting people down, so I really REALLY want to hit those goals she set me 2 weeks ago. I can just imagine Emma standing next to me tonight, with the stopwatch screaming "Faster, Go Go, Push Push" (or something like that!)




Last night I did more strength training, in preparation for today' session - only this time it was box jumps, steps and more lower abs. I can start to feel my plyometrics getting a little bit better everyday, which is a great feeling to know that the training is working! And I have to admit i love the way I'm training at the moment, its different from how i used to train; I'm waking muscles up that I never knew existed!

One muscle that is causing me grief today however is the crease in my arm by my elbow. It must finally be feeling it from the pull ups and chin ups session earlier in the week. Ouch - I have to keep bending and straightening it wherever possible, which when standing for the train home or whilst sat on the train... you do tend to get stared at!

So wish me luck and I'll see you on the other side......#Truegrit  #Staystrong

And the scores are;

So i tried to give myself as much luck as possible tonight, even by wearing my favourite gym top "Stay Strong"; which has my lucky number 7 on it!

Stay strong! Its all in the mind!
Hopefully my shirt brings me luck!

Oh my god, what an achievement and relief! I cant believe some of the scores I've just got from the fitness tests. Definitely some PB's that I never thought I could achieve - my weaknesses are getting stronger, which gives me such a momentum to dig deeper and continue to push to get to that end goal. "STAYING STRONG"

I even managed to knock seconds off of certain stations. As we finished all of the stations bar one, there was then the mammoth task of bench press (dum dum dum). Now I know I had practised this earlier in the week, but this didn't lower my nervousness in front of Emma. What if i couldn't lift the bar out of the cradle?! Well you'll be pleased to know that I did manage to lift it out of the cradle and got a good couple of reps out, without any assistance! So a high-five and pat on the back for me.

Getting ready to bench-press 30KG - wish me luck!

My prize for a successful session - Tuna, spinach and tomato on Toast...mmm.
Add some lemon and tarragon and its a party!
Now whilst Emma is jet setting off on a well-deserved holiday, Ive got some work to crack on with; mixing up my training and exercises more and pushing my body! I definitely feel motivated - there's always room to improve and I want to try and beat my PB's even more. Once Emma gets back from her holiday, we then get to work on posing and walking. Now this may sound strange but this part of training I am looking forward to A LOT. Although I have a funny feeling I may not be saying that after my 1st lesson though..yikes!

Stay tuned for whats coming up next week - lets see if i can manage a pull up!!

Till next time..stay fit!!

Little Miss Fitness
xx

Countdown: 112 days left till show time.

No comments:

Post a Comment