Wednesday 20 May 2015

Have you got the Fit Factor?

Oh wow what a weekend-I don't know where to begin! 

First let me apologise for the lack of communication over the last week or so, it's been rather hectic, what with trying to fit training in, nearly getting lost in Amsterdam, water loading.. To name a few things! Put it this way I was in desperate need of sleep and driving when your tired is not something I condone at all.

But it all came together last week on Friday-everyone in the gym, friends and work wished me good luck and I was off to prep. Friday morning was up early for last bit of cardio with Shaun T-boy it was insane, then I headed to Elise for my gorgeous fake bake spray tan. I can't thank her enough for fitting me in early and for all the competition tans she's done for me. 
Tunes blaring and 2 tanned girlies...
Then onto the motorway to head up to Birmingham with my girlie Amy Stephens. We had the tunes blaring out and the sun was shining. Once we got to the NEC it was straight to registering for fit factor and meet the rest of the guys competing. The Hotel we stayed in was lush and just what we needed, large space to practise posing and soft beds...ah heaven. It wasn't too far from the NEC either so it was an added bonus- The St.Johns Hotel.

So Saturday came and it was up early again to do hair and make-up for the day. Breakfast was an interesting mix of chicken and almonds, weird you might think but actually filling, as it's a high source of protein which keeps you fuller for longer. Try it out if your brave enough! 

Once we'd got to the NEC (again!) with a bit of commotion in traffic, we had a brief competitor meeting and told what time we were going to start. After that we were free to wander about which I was sooo excited about. This is what id been waiting for, to go round and see all the stands, buy a few things, meet some stars. Oh I was in my element. I did manage to bump into Phil Heath on Sunday which was incredible. Don't think he had too much time to chat though, he was on his way to make a speech.

GymShark - and i'm afraid of sharks!
So then the time came for me and Amy to go back stage, get glazed up and ready in our sportswear for the 1st round. We did a few pre-exercises to get the blood pumped to the muscles so things like press-ups, lateral raises, squats just free-weight bits. 

I was so nervous before going on stage, I was running through everything in my head at a million miles an hour, over and over again. I kept thinking to myself what my coach would say "don't look down" and "smash it". Again my legs went like jelly as soon as I got on stage,but I loved doing my t-walk. But I didn't predict how many more people there'd be in the audience. 

Current & former Miss Galaxies strutting - oh yeh!!
After the swimwear round 3 girlswere brought forward to the judges so they could get feedback. I was shocked that I got called and my feedback was that I came across a little shy on stage in comparison to the other girls. I took this on board and appreciated the feedback. 

Then it came to the end of the day to announce the guys and girls who'd made it through to the final on Sunday. I was shocked and sad to hear Joshua and Amy didn't make it, they'd worked so hard and looked amazing. I was even more shocked to hear my number (101) called out! I couldn't believe id made it through to the final out of the competition. 

So it came to Sunday and there were 2 rounds again. 1 being swimwear and the 2nd round was a photoshoot where we had 3 chances to get the perfect cover magazine pose. Unfortunately this doesn't come naturally to me and with only 16 seconds inbetween shots I struggled, although I felt my wall was alot more confident than Saturdays performance. 

the gorgeous Amy Stephens & me..
So these 2 rounds came and went, a lot quicker than the Saturday, understandably. I got to walk around the exhibition a bit more and see more of the stands; and my BFF Danielle came up to the NEC as well which made everything that extra bit special. The results were announced at 3pm and unfortunately I didn't make the top 5 girls. But the girls who did were incredible and the winner of fit factor couldn't have gone to a better girl - Paloma. I wasn't too disappointed as my goal was to make it thought to Sunday which I did, anything else was a bonus. I knew the competition would be tough so I prepared for what may happen. I'm pleased with how I looked and my t-walk which for me was what mattered. 

Backstage with the girlies...
So at the end of if all, I had an great weekend, met some more amazing people and learnt a lot more about the fitness industry. Now it's time to give the body a break from competing and trying new gym routines and fitness ventures. Oh and for anyone who wants to know, my first cheat meal afterwards was a KFC! Followed by chocolate and it all tasted so good. 

Little miss fitness 
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment