Sunday 3 May 2015

Lights, camera, smoke? and action

Turning up to Belt Craft studios yesterday was an experience; querky and minimalistic is the best way to describe it. The studio was tucked away off the main road, which was a bit unnerving, but once I saw Lowell and his team it was fine. The studio was big and simple, with lots of different types of furniture in it. Once Lowell and the guys had set the room up, with the boxing punch bag and bench, it felt more like an old school boxing room - kind of like the one you'd see Sylvester Stallone training in; no i'm not comparing myself to Sly, that would be hitting below the belt! How many more boxing puns do you think i could get in there!? Haha

The before picture
The photo-shoot was one of the prizes i was given for winning Miss Galaxy, and to be honest I didn't know what to expect from it. I did the shoot with Rebecca Andrews back in march, which feels like a lifetime ago. The shoot there was a mixture of fashion & fitness and I got some gorgeous shots from that shoot. For this photo-shoot Lowell had gone for a boxing theme which I thought was different, seeing as i haven't done any boxing in a long time. Its not something I've ever done properly, but putting the gloves on and giving the punch bag a good old smack felt really good.

To try and give the photos a bit more of a natural workout feel, I did the shoot in bare feet with the punch bag hanging from the ceiling. To warm up Lowell got me to hit the punch bag a couple of times, much like a workout and then started clicking away! I think i soon got a bit carried away and then went to kicking the bag! Now that felt really good....

An extra bonus i really liked was that I could see all the shots that Lowell had taken on his computer, so I could then adjust my body to get a better shot and make sure my eyes weren't closed! Some shots were left to be desired but others I was really surprised with. The lighting and props that were used really enhanced certain shots.. 

So now its time to wait until the proofs get sent through. Im really looking forward to seeing what they look like; then cherry pick my favourite ones. 

BodyPower Expo countdown = 2 weeks!! now i'm getting nervous and excited! I saw Fit Factor organiser Renee yesterday whilst at the shoot and she put any unnecessary nerves to bed. She was really sweet and understanding. I just hope I'm going to get chance to look around the exhibition as well during the weekend. 

Europe's largest fitness & nutrition exhibition

Little Miss Fitness 
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment