Tuesday 16 September 2014

Musclemania Baby! - part 2

The Story continues...

So onto the stage we all went to start the show..I thought I was fine before walking out, but as soon as those lights hit me and the crowds cheering, my legs went like jelly. I was so sure my legs would give way and id fall flat on my face infront of everyone. What a palava that would have been, so I'm glad I didn't.

Talking of being on stage, oh my god it was incredible! To hear all the people that had come to watch us was such an adrenaline rush. But I had so much going through my head at that point, that you kind of don't hear the crowd - make sure I arched my back and sucked in my tummy. Oh yeh and then smile and look like your not in pain! The pain is irrelevant when your up on stage; you don't really think about it to be honest.

But I have to say the nerves did get better as we went through the various rounds; there were 2 rounds for me in the bikini category - 1st up was sports theme wear then 2nd round was th actual bikini showcase.

The Model category (ladies & men) were up first, so I had the joy of cheering my mate Laura Jane Williams strutt her stuff onto stage. She looked absolutely gorgeous! Then it was the fitness round, with another team elb member Victoria wood showing the judges what she'd got. She rocked it hard. Figure stars Karen Adams, Katie Grove and Kaz also hit the stage and posed their butts off (sexy butts they are too). Each of them placed which was incredible, seeing as a couple of them were nervous a week ago at the final Musclemania bootcamp at Studio ELB.


Laura and I proudly posing with our trophies....

Before i knew it, it was bikini time. First round was sports theme wear, so I wiggled out on stage in my sports bra, black shorts and socks for my theme of hockey. I didn't forget my routine which was a relief - I was so worried I would! After we had all done our walks we then got brought out for comparison's in which the judges got us standing side by side.
Side shot of my bikini round....
It was a while before we got called out to do bikini wear, so I had some time to practise my next routine and neck a few shots of Jack Daniels and vodka (which didn't touch the sides)! I felt that my bikini round went better than the theme wear,but I guess it's what the judges decide.


And a back shot of my bikini...
Throughout the show there wasn't really much opportunity to go out into the crowd and watch the other categories as Musclemania were speeding through the show so quickly. Before I knew it, it was time to do the results. This part of the show seemed to take just as long as the main part but oh boy what a feeling it was to get 2nd place and lift that trophy..it made all the training and dieting, blood, sweat and many tears worth it! 

The whole show and atmosphere seemed to be over in a flash! All the girls that competed were über supportive and so friendly with each other! I really didn't expect that and couldn't have asked for a better experience for my first ever bikini competition.


the motley crew all on stage with our trophies....
So now it's onto training for the last chapter of this journey..Miss Galaxy! Musclemania has given me the motivation to train and work harder for this show in November. You get out of training what you put in...so for the 2nd time, I apologise to my friends,family and Lewis for whats in store. It may not be pretty!haha 


Lewis' surprise for when i got home. Im a lucky girl!!

So stay tuned, we've still got a way to go till I get to my goal!

Till next time; 

Little miss fitness 
Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment