Sunday 7 September 2014

Final Bootcamp; the Run-Through

Time to get our game faces on

Wow what a weekend! It's the final one before show day and it has gone by in a blur (more than usual). Yesterday morning - you guessed it I was awake at silly o'clock. I think I'm starting to run on the adrenaline.. So I have no doubt that I'll come crashing down at some point after the comp! Not looking forward to that moment.

If you read my last blog you may remember that this Saturday was hockey trials for the start of the season. I haven't picked up a stick in about 5 months, so I was a little worried as to whether I'd remember how to play!haha 

It was lovely to get to Tring school and see all the youngsters. I was worried whether id be able to keep up with them. We started with a little warm up and then got straight into some drills. It felt really good to pick up a stick and hit a ball again; I can't wait to get this season started. Hopefully my energy levels will be able to sustain in matches as I will still be training for miss galaxy! Oh yes Musclemania is not the only show I'm doing! So the discipline and training still continues for some time yet. Sorry folks - your going to have to put up with my blogs, diet and whinging for a little while yet! lol

By far the best tasting drink ive ever had!
After we did a couple of drills it was straight into a game, using the whole pitch, which was good. I was quite shocked that I managed to keep up with some of the youngsters. Clearly the training Emma has put me through is working and my fitness levels have increased. Thanks Em...

Once trials had finished it was straight over to mums to raid her fridge!! Only joking, I went round to spend some time with her before she goes on holiday - and use her expert sewing skills of course! I think she's done such an amazing job on my bikini and all I had to do for payment was pick home grown raspberries! Not exactly a punishment... so win win for me.

I stopped off at Superdrug to get a couple of bits for the show on saturday before heading to mums, as i needed to practise my make up; which turned into an interesting and bloody frustrating effort. My fake eyelashes just wouldn't go on right - why is it always just one eye, they come in pairs!! This then made me late to my boyfriends - which i have to say i'm becoming re-knowned for. Oops! Women have the excuse of being fashionable late though!!

On Sunday morning, he gave me a nice prep talk to get me psyched up for the final bootcamp! Yes I may sound a little soppy here but I am a lucky girl to have someone who has supported me to the degree he has. He is truly amazing!

It's getting there...
So it was off to Studio ELB for the final bootcamp for Musclemania and a mock run through of the show. Once everyone had got there we all sat down and Emma, Ty-Og and ELB's nutritionist coach Simon Roshdy told us how things were going to go that day. We were going to run through our walks in front of all 3 of them and we would be judged as if it was comp day. Afterwards we would all get feedback, both positive and constructive so that we could improve.

The gorgeous Emma, strong Ty-Og and genius Simon Rhoshdy...
I think the whole bootcamp went really well and I just want to say a huge thank you to Emma and Ty for organising them. They have helped calm my nerves and learn a lot more about what goes into the preparation for the shows. I have also made some lovely friends, and it was nice to see the girls again. From today we have got a little support group going, which will definitely help next saturday and for this coming week - where i have no doubt it will be tough. So we will help each other through it - we are all part of the ELB and Ty-Og family now so we get through the struggles together. 

Anyway enough of me rambling on - onto this week, which no doubt will go in a blur. I still have to do a full time job, train hard, practise posing and get my body prepped for show day. Oh yes people, this is the week when I will be tangoed! Take a look at the before pictures now....

The lovely ELB beauties in full glory
Have a fantastic week people and achieve your goals - whatever they are, whether big or small. Achieve something for yourself that you hadn't achieved last week.

Till next time

Little miss fitness
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment