Monday 11 May 2015

Out if this universe...

What a weekend - and it all started with a birthday..

My birthday was an interesting one to say the least; what can you do when your depleting and cutting for a competition??Not much!! However I was spoilt rotten with cards and presents. I got flowers, money and shopping vouchers which was so lovely of everyone. It really did make the start of what was going to be a long weekend!! 

It was the Miss Galaxy Universe competition this weekend down in Crawley. So Friday started with a trip to my trusted tanner Elise @ The Tanning Station. I can't rave enough about how good her tanning is. I love them. Then after drying, it was driving down South to the K2 track where the Galaxy Games were taking place. It was gorgeous weather when I got there but it didn't bloody stay like that. The heavens soon opened and the drizzle stayed to watch. 

Once I got there, those timing the events  were given our t-shirts and a stopwatch. It was fun to spur the other girls on doing the 800/200 and 100m, they looked like fun. This year there were even strong woman events like pulling a smart car and sandbag carrying. I think it was a really nice idea to incorporate events like this. It gave the Games a different twist instead of just track events. It was just a shame that the weather couldn't of held off, as some of the girls tans were ruined, which was so sad to see. Don't worry they were redone by Jolene the resident Galaxy tanner.

Let the Games begin...
Then Saturday, after the Games, it was the time for the stage show. This is the exciting bit, being back stage with the girls and getting ready. There is such a family atmosphere and the girls all helping each, running up and down the corridor. 

Time to rock the stage with the girls...
I did my own hair and make-up and then made my appearance as the current Supreme Champion by walking on stage, once all the girls had gone on stage. Then it was onto the bikini rounds for each category, and my mates Amy Stephens and Nicola Ashcroft were amazing. Amy was in bikini diva and Nicola in beach bunny. They rocked that stage and showed off all their hard work and dedication: I was so proud of them. And to have the cherry on top, Amy placed 3rd in her category.


Me and my girlies - love them...
A big Congratulations goes out to Victoria Strelciunaite for being crowned Supreme Champion. She thoroughly deserved it and she looked amazing on stage. Enjoy the crown-it's a gorgeous tiara, I was even tempted to swap mine for it! Only kidding,.

It was a great weekend catching up with old faces and making new friends. There were quite a lot of new faces this time at the show which was nice to see. 

So now 1 week to go and body power is here-depletion and water loading begins. Upping the cardio this week for that final push..oh and practising my t-walk. Not much to do at all. 

Little Miss Fitness 
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment