Monday 8 December 2014

Ho ho ho...

It's beginning to look and feel a lot like Christmas.. And I'm not just talking about putting Christmas trees and decorations up, I'm also talking about that feeling of tight trousers, sluggish bodies and wanting to hibernate underneath your duvet whilst eating that last mince pie. I'm exactly the same and I'm pretty sure most people who work out, PT's or who professionally compete have the same feeling. We are human after all!

Christmas is the time of wear where we put on a bit of weight. I don't want to do that this year; it's just being clever with the foods you do eat. Dark chocolate vs milk, unsalted nuts vs roasted & salted peanuts and portion control. The feeling of unbuttoning your trousers is an uncomfortable one. 

If your worried about that additional bit of weight over Christmas, the diet kitchen has some great recipes that you can make so easily and that taste great too. All the guilty pleasures without the guilt after scoffing your face! Simons's videos are so easy to watch and he'll give you some helpful tips and points on making good food that still tasts amazing.. And not to mention it's good for you!! Trust me I've tried the man's protein cheesecake, it tastes heavenly and no different from normal cheesecake. I'll be trying his quest protein bar recipe soon - all I need is some IMO vitafiber and I'm good to go.

We had the Galaxy Christmas party last Saturday and it was amazing to see all the girls again. Even though it's been a month, it's felt a lot longer. There was lots of merriment, drinking, plate smashing and belly dancing (and not all in that order!haha). 

Fit factor girls...

Cant touch this....
Making an entrance..
Onto this week and it's a busy one, I'll be chopping and changing gym sessions for morning and nights, just to try and keep body guessing and in shape. Focusing on back and shoulders and then see if I can train glutes/legs twice this week. I've got a photo shoot with Lowell Mason at the end of January and I need to be in tip top condition. I'm so excited to see what theme we are going to shoot.

Few top shoulder and back exercises that I find that really hit the spot.

- bent over rows
- back extensions
- lateral pull downs (whilst kneeling)
- shoulder press (drop setting). 

Drop setting; warm up with a fairly light weight and then on the next sets go heavy enough that you can only get 8-10 reps out. Then straight after get a lighter weight and do the same exercise for 15-20 reps. This will build your endurance. You'll feel the burn but that's a good sign - no pain no gain! If it's a sharp pain though do stop and rest.

Till next time. 

Little miss fitness 
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment