Monday 22 December 2014

Christmas come early!

You'll never guess what landed on my desk today?? Only the biggest Christmas present I think I've ever seen. Santa Claus decided to stop by and give me an early Christmas gift. I didn't think i'd been that good this year!lol

I went down to reception and picked up this huge box which was labelled from Musclefood. I had absolutely no idea what was in it but as you can see it took up most of my desk. First of all let me say thank you to Musclefood for causing a stir in my office, I dont think any of my colleagues had seen a food parcel that big before!

Dont think Santa had enough wrapping paper...
It felt like Christmas had come early and having to open it with the tinniest scissors made me even more excited to just get into the damn thing. Once I'd opened the box I knew exactly what it was; the prize I'd won through the Diet Kitchen's Facebook competition! I thought this was super fast for everything to get to me, as I only found out last week that I'd won. A huge thank you needs to go to Simon from The Diet Kitchen for sorting all this out. Its amazing; I couldn't believe how much meat was in the box. It was like Mary Poppin's bag. 

Chicken anyone?
Another big thank you to Musclefood for this amazing gift. A great start to the week, which is already planned to be filled with good tasting food and drink. Of which I will probably gain the amount of weight all this meat is put together. I've ordered bits from Musclefood before; Quest protein bars and beef jerky and let me tell you the quality is brilliant.

Its expensive to find good quality meat like this in supermarkets. It costs a small fortune to eat clean but I believe if you want to be healthy and live a healthy lifestyle, this is what it takes. A high protein diet works for me as well; feel fuller for longer and I don't crave all the sweet things I used to. I don't tend to snack as much as I used to and if I do it's on vegetables or nuts. 

So within the box, let me give you a taster of what was in it. 
2 X 2.5kg of chicken breasts
2 turkey breast steaks 
2 Irish rump steaks
6 chicken sausages 
4 British beef hache steaks 

Now thats a lot of meat, but I cant wait to cook with them. (I have a sneaky suspicion my boyfriend will like having the steaks.) I have no idea how I'm going to fit 5kg of chicken breasts into my tiny freezer let alone the rest of the other bits! I think a bit of tactical manoeuvring is required. Freezer bags at the ready! 

Its that time of year where you are prone to put on a little weight - so I thought I'd weigh myself today to see where i stand. Pre-christmas weight = 60.4kg. I will post my post-Christmas weight in the new year. I've got my photo-shoot with Lowell coming up soon and as we know the camera adds 10lbs! I can't be looking heavy in these shots. 

Till next time;
Little Miss Fitness

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment