Tuesday 4 November 2014

And the winner is....

Oh my god I've done it I've actually done it! Hearing my number (17) being called out for supreme champion of Miss Galaxy November 2014 is something I've been playing in my head over and over again. It doesnt seem real - at any moment now, my mum is going to shake me awake and tell me to get my butt out of bed and to stop being lazy! It certainly feels like a dream right now...it hasnt fully sunken in yet. Emma said it will do after the 1000th person says congratulations.

Once I had been called to the front as the winner, Mum rushed down to the bottom of the stage when my name was called out and I could see Lewis and my dad also jumping up and down. I've never won anything before in my life so I don't quite know how to react or take it in. I think I took forever and an age to get to the front of the stage as I wasn't sure if they were kidding or not. Lowell mason (the fabulous galaxy photographer) did an imitation of my face and walk after everyone had gone. It seemed spot on. Most people who know me, know I've usually got something to say and at this point I was speechless..a rarity.
Still in shock..
I also cant believe that Renee Watters, from Fit Body Promotions has chosen me and 5 other girls to appear in Fit Factor at Body Power Expo next May. This is a huge exhibition, held at the Birmingham NEC where hundreds of renowned people from the fitness industry all come together for a full 3 day weekend.

Whats even more surreal is that I came 2nd in the fitness tests. The amount of talented girls that showed up to the track on Friday afternoon, was amazing. I was so worried about it all and put a lot of pressure on myself to do well but all the girls were so nice that I thought i should just go out there and enjoy myself. I have trained hard for the last 4 months so now Ive just got to go out there and do my best. Which is what I did and I had a great time doing the fitness tests - once these were out of the way I felt more relaxed and at ease to take to the stage on saturday. Now the whole weekend seems a bit of a blur. So much happened last week and then to be up on stage with the rest of the girls, to show off the hard work that we had all put in for just a couple of minutes was momentous. Every single girl that competed on Friday and Saturday should be proud of what they achieved. It takes a lot of guts to get up on stage in a bikini and pose, so my hat goes off to them..

Granted my legs were shaking like leaves and my bottom lip was trembling, but the blood sweat and tears are slightly put to the back of the mind when up on stage and meeting lots of new friends behind the scenes.

Ah got my finger caught!! 
There were so many gorgeous girls up on stage and I was lucky to make lots of new friends 2 in particular. I met Louise who was crowned most adorable and is also a fellow fit factor beauty. Then there's Amy Stephens, another fit factor buddy whose skills of fake tan and patching up green armpits; I will forever be in her debt!lol These girls were amazing and we kept each other calm whilst backstage on Saturday. Louise had the chocolate...I had the alcohol. No change there then!

Snickers.. get some nuts!
After having some pictures taken after the show had ended etc, then it was off to celebrate in style.. The first stop was Macdonalds for the long awaited Big Mac that I had been planning for weeks as my cheat meal. It was a romantic meal, as my boyfriend and I went through the drive through and then ate our food in the car park. Talk about candlelight dinner for two!!haha I think he was semi-impressed with how quickly I wolfed mine down though. After all the weeks of dieting, you wouldn't stop a Galaxy girl from eating a Big Mac... thats just dangerous! 

Ah there's so much to tell you about the show and what happened. There was also a post show party back at the hotel and some of the fitness models went out out!! A few of the other girls, including me, Louise and Amy Stephens stayed at the hotel and drank. 

So what now you say? Well I still feel high on adrenaline, but I've got a holiday coming up next week, so whilst I'm lying on a beach somewhere with the sun beaming down on me (sorry if I'm making you jealous), it will be time to take everything in and just relax. When I come back then its back to reality!

Till next time 

Little Miss Fitness 
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment