Friday 27 March 2015

Stage session 101...

Oh boy it was time to crack on my shoe boxes again and dust off my stage shoes, ready for a session with Emma. One thing I do need to do is find a way to clean them; there are remnants of last years shows still round the plastic - disgusting I know. If anybody knows of a good way to clean stage shoes, message me please.

Anyway it was my first stage lesson back in a while and I was super excited to see what routine we would come up with. After a bit of stretching and a small warm up, it was time for me and Emma to create a new routine that I will performing at the next Miss Galaxy show on 9th May, at the Hawth Theatre.

Student and Teacher selfie.... 
I've been asked by the show to come on stage after all the other Galaxy girls have come on stage. I'm nervous about doing this, but on the other hand, this time I get to watch the show from the auditorium rather than from back stage, behind the curtains. 

Anyway I digress, i do have a fair bit of practise to do with my routine, so I best get cracking - only 6 weeks away now. I've forgotten how awkward and unnatural it feels to twist and arch my back into poses but as Em would say "If it hurts it works" - if it feels uncomfortable then your doing it right. 

Then, after what felt like a workout in itself, it was time to crack on with a abs/core workout. It was the first time I've worked out in studio ELB without Em showing me exercises so it was interesting to say the least.

Abs'olutely smashed....
So 6 weeks to Miss Galaxy appearance and 7 weeks from Fit Factor @ the Body Power Expo - time to get this mean machine lean. Going to hard too fast will be detrimental so I have to be careful not to over do it as i could look worse on comp day. Patience, will power and determination is the key! Hotel is now booked so everything is slowly falling into place, although I still need to buy my bikini - best get my butt into gear with that one. Yikes! 

Till next time; 

Little Miss Fitness
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment